This Italianate Style brick from the "Victorian" Architectural Era is located in the St. Mary's Church Neighborhood on the Columbia Street hill in downtown Lafayette. This home was originally built as a single family home between 1855 and 1875.
The exterior of the building was retuckpointed and sandblasted when the Raymer's restored the building in 1989-1990. The limestone lintels are arched and provide attractive balance to the front facade of the building. The original entry doors have been saved and restored.
The building has a one bedroom first floor apartment, a two bedroom first floor apartment and a one bedroom second floor apartment. The second floor apartment covers the entire second floor which is very spacious.
All of the apartments have natural refinished wood floors. New, high efficiency furnaces were installed for apartments #2 and 3 in 2015. The building has off street, private paved parking and is convenient to the downtown.